1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Can I cut the cats off my 2000 chevy 5.3

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by Outlaw19, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Rocketmanh5

Rocketmanh5 New Member

**sits there oblivious to the speaker** (like my dad) and go "Hu? Did you say something??"
    Nope....just carried out a full conversation and you didn't hear a word of it... haha.
  2. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member

Actually I did hear it, hearing loss is gradual, I ran loud pipes on several hot rods, was into the rock n roll as much as anyone, and had exposure to noise pollution many times in my years carrying a firearm as a profession, I still do these things today at a much safer exposure level. My point was simple and precise, think about your future, hearing loss is not a good trade for anything. I wish someone had taken a second of their time when I was younger and made me think about what I was doing, and no I am not like your dad, I didnt sit there and say huh, I spoke up trying to offer some years of experience, its the young mans choice to act upon it or not, and your choice to rag another member for trying to offer a few years of experience. Enjoy the rest of your evening. (sorry about getting off subject here).
  3. Rocketmanh5

Rocketmanh5 New Member

Oh you meant you getting asked the question by your guests sorry I was saying if guest at my fathers house (me) asked him something he never hears due to his hearing loss. Sorry no disrespect on that end I thought you meant in general as a question. I was just saying in that scenario what my father does. He raced his whole life and works in the timber industry. I learned from his mistake to always wear ear protection. He did speak up when I was young and taught me that. Doesn't matter if racing or watching the races I wear my plugs. Hearing is a gift that needs to be preserved for life. I couldn't imagine life without it. This is why I don't have a system or anything or loud exhaust etc. Anyway sorry I didn't mean to offend you in any way.