Can I fit 2007 stock Suburban wheels on 2001?

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by jt35, May 31, 2011.

Newest Photos

1. jt35

jt35 New Member

I just purchased a 2001 Suburban K1500 with aftermarket 20" rims. The rims are nice, but not really my style. I just want low key wheels. Someone in my area is offering a set of stock wheels off of their 2007 Suburban. Will these fit on my 2001? The 2007 set is 6 lug just like my current wheels but I don't know anything about the spacing or anything like that.

You'll have to excuse my ignorance when it comes to this kind of stuff, but I've not spent much time modifying any vehicles. Are there any problems I should be aware of in replacing my wheels?

Not that this will really affect my decision-making, but do stock wheels with stock-sized tires tend to get better gas mileage than the larger wheels/tires? Just curious.

Thanks in advance!!
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Are the stock you are looking at 17's,or 18's? Stock should get you better MPG's depends on what you are looking at..
  3. jt35

jt35 New Member

The set I'm looking at are 17's. There won't be any trouble fitting 07 wheels on an 01 Suburban?
  4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

As long as it does not rub on the cailbers...
  5. trottida

trottida New Member

I have the stock 20" rims from the 07 Suburban on my 01 and they are fine. There was a slight rub on the wheel well liner when turning right and I had to pin it back slightly. I recently noted that they were an option on the '06 LTZ which is the same body style as the '01.
  6. dknoerzer

dknoerzer New Member

A guy that lives by me had the stock 5 spoke 20's on his older suburban (same body style as 2001) and it looks good. He has fender flares on it too
  7. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

The 17" wheels will fit fine on your '07.