Can I Install Power Windows? 2004 Silverado

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by OneWheelWonder, Jan 21, 2011.

1. OneWheelWonder

OneWheelWonder Rockstar

Ive got an 04 Silverado base model (no power). If i get a hold of some replacement regulators and motors. Will they bolt in the same as a truck w/ power? Obviously Ill have to wire the switches relays etc. just wanted to know if they would mechanicly replace the manual windows.

Thanks,

Danb

2. marty6464

marty6464 Member

I used to do auto glass, so my suggestion, if im not to late since i just joined,would be to order a regulator through your dealer, they may have it in stock. if you take ur panel off, you will be able to see where all the bolts go. honestly i think that the regulator itself may bolt in, but you may have to drill a spot for the motor. OR you could go to a bone yard, get a new door with all the power stuff in it.

3. montyss

montyss New Member

the power regulators should pop rivet right there and you should have no issues putting them in your doors, if you can find a truck at the wreckers and get the door wire harnesses with the switches you can try just plugging them into the truck harness at the dash and kick panel and see if the motors will run before trying to wire them up your self.