1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Can i run 35 inch tires and 20 inch rims on my 2001 z71 with a 8 in suspension lift?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Pugh-dog, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Pugh-dog

Pugh-dog New Member

Can i run 35 inch tires and 20 inch rims on my 2001 z71 with a 8 in suspension lift? i want to get 35 inch fun country 2 tires and 20 inch dick cepek 2 rims

2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

8 in. of lift? You could probably go with 37's if you want. 35's should be no problem.

3. Pugh-dog

Pugh-dog New Member

well its a 6 inch lift really. im putting a leveling kit on there too. thats the 2 more inches

4. racekid91

racekid91 Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

You'll clear them. Easy. However, you might end up having some issues. IFS is know to have issues with tires over 35inches. I know a few people who run 37's with IFS, and he's pushing it. His CV Angles are Horrible. And he has 17inch wheels.

With 37inch tall tires, and 20inch wheels, your looking for problems. That's alot of tire, and a lot of wheel for IFS to handle. Not to mention the 10 bolt rear.

As long as you don't plan to beat the living crap out of your truck, and just keep it on the streets, 35's and 20's will be fine for you. As long as you don't plan to go muddin or anything extreme.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  5. Pflor86

Pflor86 Rockstar

you should check your offsets first because i couldint fit 35's with my 6" susp lift but after i added a 3" body lift they fit with minor trimming

6. Blackout07

Blackout07 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

He has a GMT-800. They will fit fine.

7. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have always wondered why these nnbs trucks are so hard and tricky to fit 35's under compared to the late model chevys? I'm guessing the way our fender wells are in the front of the truck is my guess. I will be wanting to upgrade to 35 12.50's sometime late this year or next year. I have some rubbing already with my 33 13.50's but i'm assuming because they are so wide and stuck out a damn good bit upfront. i'm thinking about getting the nitto trail grapplers or nitto terra since the truck would ride allot better and also tires would wear down pretty slow?