Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Can the Chevy Captiva Sport really replace the Chevy HHR?

Discussion in 'Chevy Captiva Sport Forum (Saturn Vue)' started by ChevyFan, Oct 2, 2011.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Thoughts? Now that the Chevy HHR is no longer being made, can the Chevy Captiva Sport fill the void?

I've driven both, and I honestly say that I like driving the "Captiva Sport" much better. The ride was smoother, quieter, the steering was tighter and more responsive. However, I like the image and the style of the HHR much better.

YOUR THOUGHTS?

2. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Well I have not driven either, but by looks I was not a big fan of HHR but with the Captiva the looks of it is nothing special, just looks average, it doesnt stand out like the HHR did. I do not know if the Captiva will fill the void but I guess we"ll see.

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Anyone have driven at least one of these two vehicles?

4. thzpcs

thzpcs Member

It's kind of funny that the Captiva is supposed to be replacing the HHR as they really aren't anything alike. Although, a Captiva SS would be pretty hilarious.

5. '14Captiva

'14Captiva New Member

Well, I just traded my HHR for the Captiva. First impression is the Captiva is much nicer than the HHR. The HHR was a 2008 with 2.4L engine and only 48K miles. It was a tragedy to keep brakes on it. I did the brakes 3 times in a little over a year. Also had a lot of work done under the certification warranty. Almost $2000 worth of work. It also required Premium unleaded fuel to get the 178hp that it was rated at.

All said and done, the HHR could have been a hit if the issues didn't crop up like they did. The only saving grace to it was that the real expensive to fix stuff showed up quick while under warranty. I feel that the Captiva will be a nicer vehicle. It drives better, smoother, quieter, and handles nicely for a bigger vehicle. The brakes also feel nicer than the HHR did.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  6. sliperhead

sliperhead New Member

Our 2014 Captiva has the tightest steering of any vehicle I have driven, feels great I like the IRS too. I do not like the HHR look at all, looks like a round edge box with wheels.