1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Can you add fog light bumper?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by medicmatt, May 8, 2012.

1. medicmatt

medicmatt New Member

Ok, so on my 08 Silverado, it didn't have the DIC or the fog lights in the front bumper. I have put in the DIC and want to look at other upgrades. Is it possible to replace just the end caps on the bumper and put in one with the fog lights, and if so, where would you go to find it? I've looked online some, but am not having much luck.

Thanks.
  2. moogvo

moogvo Moderator 1000 Posts

I don't know if this is still the case, but I had a buddy that did a fog light upgrade on his 02 or 03. He plugged to the factory harness and they didn't work. He had to go to the dealer and have the computer programmed to send voltage to them.
  3. IanF

IanF Member

The Answer is yes. Go to the GM accessories page or go into your dealer and get the part# for the whole accessory kit. It comes with the new headlight switch, end caps, fog lights and mounting hardware and instructions. It may even come in the same colour of your truck depending on your location. The check fleebay or kijiji for this kit or somewhere like GM Parts direct which should be able to get them from GM.
  4. Curky

Curky New Member 1000 Posts

I was thinking the same thing. I am glad you posted this. My truck is the first without fog lights. I have always used them. If you get this done let me know if it does work
  5. medicmatt

medicmatt New Member

Thanks I found the part number for it!

Not sure what color your truck is, but here are the part numbers:
    Graystone 19170439
    Dark Blue 19170440
    Black 19170441
    Blue Granite 19170442
    summit White 19170443
    Silver Birch 19170444
    Victory Red 19170445

At GM Parts Direct it is $283.50. Shipping would cost me a lot more because I get sales tax added as a NC resident. But...on the prior mentioned auction site, I was also able to find it for $318.75 with Buy It Now and free shipping. Will have to look at doing it soon.