Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Can you name and year of this Chevy Truck???

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Enkeiavalanche, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Saw this up in Mass last week.. Nice needs a restore but nice... Not sure on the year.....

DSCF1362.jpg DSCF1379.jpg DSCF1380.JPG
  2. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

1940's cabover truck

EDIT: with a little more Googling, I think it's a 1950's cabover.
  3. grampy

grampy Member 100 Posts

I will make a WAG on this as I have only seen a couple of these and I'm older than dirt ! It's a COE chevy, probably 48 or 49, based on that there are no vent windows and the door handles. They were sold as a cab and chassis - the only ones I remember had beet boxes on them, 12 or 14 foot boxes for hauling sugar beets. Also used for hauling silage and grain. This one has a pickup box obviously, never saw one rigged up that way. I believe this one has the cab mounted on a later C30 frame, look at the wheels. The originals were medium trucks and had 20" wheels. Just my .02. Ken
  4. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

The split windshield places it in the 48 to 51 area.
  5. Gold Z

Gold Z Member

I don't know anything about it. It would make a killer tow truck for a race car.