1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Can you paint the gray fender flares ?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Phantom 2500, Apr 20, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Phantom 2500

Phantom 2500 New Member

Is it possible to just have the gray textured fender flares painted and does it hold up well, or do I need to replace with paintable ones ? I appreciate any help or suggestions .
  2. 2008blackWT

2008blackWT New Member

As long as you get a painter that knows what he is doing he can paint and make it stick. Depending on the texture but with what you are talking about you will be fine.
  3. Phantom 2500

Phantom 2500 New Member

Thanks for the reply . Yeah they are textured , but it seems possible. I'll talk to a paint guy . I just figured maybe someone on here has done or knew someone who painted them . Nice ride :great:
  4. 2008blackWT

2008blackWT New Member

Thanks. I used to work at a body shop and we use to paint textured stuff all the time. But mostly factory textured stuff. And there is a procedure to do it. And i think some extra additives to the paint. But like it said it depends on the texture. if there is alot of texture then it will hard. but most factory texture will be fine to paint