Cancer Sucks! (update: PLEASE support no-shave November)

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Jun 13, 2014.

1. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

So sorry to hear that Steve. My condolences to you and your family

mfleetwood likes this.
  2. steveb

steveb New Member

my heart goes out to you and your family. thank God you had some time for goodbyes. cancer took my wife in December God Bless. Steve in San Antonio

mfleetwood likes this.
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Very sorry for your loss as well. How long were you married?

4. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Sorry to hear about your father Steve. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

mfleetwood likes this.
  5. RVJ

RVJ Rockstar 100 Posts

Sorry Steve, you're right, cancer sucks. Lost my moms sister when she was 28 and full of cancer, lost my mom when she was 34 with brain tumor and cancer. Several more in my family from cancer also. I wish there was something to cure and prevent it, causes a lot of heartaches.

mfleetwood likes this.
  6. Six point

Six point Member

Condolences to you and your family.Cancer is a tough gig.Lost my Dad earlier this spring.Complained of gut ache one day and 7 weeks later stomach cancer had taken him.Makes a guy think about where priorities should be in life.
    PK

mfleetwood likes this.
  7. BradR

BradR New Member

I'm sorry for your lost and I hope you and your family are coping - thoughts and prayers go out to them. Sadly, my granddad lost his battle with cancer in 2010 and I know how you feel. It's horrible.

mfleetwood likes this.
  8. ChevyFan

Thanks guys. Just got home from Seattle, we did the burial up there last week and it was really nice.

9. ChevyFan

I'm thinking of doing a fund-raiser this fall for cancer research, anyone have any ideas?

Update: NO-SHAVE NOVEMBER, DUH! :eek:)

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
    mfleetwood likes this.
  10. ChevyFan

CANCER RESEARCH means a lot more to me this year than in years past. Of course I lost my dad only five months ago to cancer, but my aunt was diagnosed with breast cancer (again) last year and I had an aunt and an uncle both die in their EARLY 50's from cancer, and my grandfather died at age 65 from cancer. (Gee, does it run in the family???)

Please support the GMTruckClub.com No-Shave November team!

Even a $10 donation would mean a lot if we can get enough people to donate!

DONATE HERE >>

mfleetwood likes this.