1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cancer Sucks!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Jun 13, 2014.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Well, it wasn't sudden but my dad lost his battle with cancer this week. We've been out in Phoenix area helping out and saying goodbye for the last two weeks. This was his third different cancer ... which is virtually unheard of from what I've been told.

Anyhow I've know people who've lost loved ones due to sudden things like heart attacks and car wrecks, and never got to say goodbye. So we did get to say goodbye and dad made his peace with God, family and friends.

Anyhow. Cancer sucks.

Edit: adding a pic of my folks taken in Dec 2013.

facebook_252921589.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  2. 95C1500

95C1500 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my uncle on October 31st due to cancer.
    ChevyFan likes this.
  3. ChevyFan

Same to you. Just six months ago he was walking up to 7 miles per day. Last few days he could hardly get out of bed.
  4. JnBama

JnBama Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Sorry about your dad and heartache will ease a little in time. My mom had cancer ten years till she passed not quietly away 2004 and dad five months later. Everyone get a routine medical exam , test and give lots of hugs and say love ya whenever you can:heart:
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
    ChevyFan likes this.
  5. mud runner

mud runner Member

I hate that my great uncle and aunt passed this past year due to cancer and heart problems
  6. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Steve, Sorry for your Lost, My Prayers go out to You and Your Family.
    ChevyFan likes this.
  7. ChevyFan

Thanks again. Service is today with a celebration of life next month up in Seattle.
  8. kennythewelder

kennythewelder Active Member 500 Posts

Sorry for your loss Steve, I am a cancer survivor, I had throat cancer in 2012. Thank God you Dad made his peace. My deepest sympathy to you and yours.
    ChevyFan likes this.
  9. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Sorry for your loss Steve, being able to make peace and have family close is a huge deal, that was good for your dad and your family. I survived my battle in 2005, God Bless.
    ChevyFan likes this.
  10. ChevyFan

Dad carried the BRCA2 gene which is the breast cancer gene. He had male breast cancer in 1998, kidney cancer about 4 or 5 years ago and this bile duct cancer was diagnosed in January actually. Cancer is rampant in the family, like to a very notable extent with every single member of my dad's immediate family getting cancer at least once.