1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cancer Sucks!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Sorry for your loss Steve and will keep you family in my thoughts and prayers.
    ChevyFan likes this.
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Our sympathys for your familys loss Steve.
    Its hard to find a family that hasnt been affected by cancer in some form now days, unfortunately loss from cancer has become way to common place.
  3. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Sorry to hear the sad news, Steve. My thoughts are with you and your family.
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Funny how car guys are. One of the last good conversations we had was about family vacations and how he learned that you just can't beat a Chevy tow vehicle. We had an IH Travelall, Chevy station Wagon ... But moving up to the Suburban was really what allowed us to get a big trailer and go out to all sorts of fun places.
  5. grampy

grampy Member 100 Posts

Very sorry for your loss Steve, prayers sent. Oh yes - cancer really sucks.
  6. 66 chevyman

66 chevyman Member 100 Posts

My Grandmother died from Diabetes....and conjestive heart failure and a form of cancer I believe...I know just before she passed her kidneys were completely dead. I'm sorry for your loss.
  7. ChevyFan

Thanks for the support guys. Bittersweet to celebrate father's day. I'm blessed with great kids and honored to have been able to care for dad in his last days. Still wish we could sit around and talk cars and trucks like on other father's days.
  8. ArtO

ArtO New Member

Imvery sorry for your loss. I know what youre going through. There were 3 years and a few months between my Mom's diagnosis and when she passed. She put up a hell of a fight, considering they gave her 4-6 months when diagnosed. It isnt easy watching a parent (or anybody) go through this. At least we had time to say I love you and good bye. You can keep his memory alive inside you and live knowing he is still with you in spirit.
  9. Goldie

Goldie Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

There is nothing I can say that that will ease the pain for you. Just know that you can celebrate all the goodness of having his wisdom, teaching, and fatherly love passed on to you as an example of what you can do for your self and your family.
    You may not get over it, but you can get through it.
  10. ChevyFan

We did honor one of his last requests. He gave me some $$ to take my boys over to LegoLand for a vacation, and we just spent this week in SoCal at LegoLand and Disneyland. Had a great time, but I'm very tired and just want to have a day or two of downtime to recover.