1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Canoe rack for Crew Cab with topper?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Mudflaps, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Mudflaps

Mudflaps New Member

Anyone know of a good rack system to carry a 16.5' canoe?

I have a 2009 Silverado Crew Cab with a topper on the 5.75' bed. I'm thinking I need a rail above the cab and one on the topper. The trouble is, there is little or nothing out there for cab-top racks.

I was hoping for availability of Yakima type rack and removeable towers atop the cab, but they only offer the type that attaches to rain gutters...which the Silverado does not have. :frown:

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mudflaps
  2. Stealth

Stealth New Member 1000 Posts

Check out Thule, that's what my dad uses on his topper to haul long stuff and a cargo carrier, and they make a lot of adapters.
  3. wis bang

wis bang New Member

I've seen one that is a pair of padded bases w/ a raised rod, it uses a tarp strap thru the door openings . pickupspecialties.com has it in the roof rack secion called turborack. Looks like it could be adapted to fit one on the toppertoo w/ trap straps down to the wheel well edge...Cost is $49.95 for one
  4. Mudflaps

Mudflaps New Member

Thanks for the lead. It looks like that may be an inexpensive solution.

I wonder, though, if the strap through the window secured tightly will damage the seal...
  5. Mudflaps

Mudflaps New Member

Here's what I ended up with for a canoe rack. I am very pleased with it;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. duckduckdog

duckduckdog New Member

Looks really good!!!