1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Can't decide on wheels/rims

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by wheakory, May 10, 2009.

1. wheakory

wheakory New Member

I can't decide on the wheel/rims below for my Sliverado 2002 half-ton 4x4 red truck. I currently have
    the Goodyear Conquest AT LT 265/75 R16 tires on my truck (Tire Size 16": Bolt Patttern 6 on 5.5). It's of course not been lifted.

Below are the choices I'm looking at. I want the most durable Wheels Whether there Polished, Clear Coat or Black Teflon I want them not to chip or have problems. I also want them to look good. Here's a couple I like.

Please help decide or a suggestion. I live in weather where we really only have 3 months of summer (Pocatello, Idaho) so I'm assuming they would be exposed to a lot of salt. I don't use my truck off road, just for camping and hunting maybe 2 to 3 times a year.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/wcsstore/jcwhitney/images/imagecache/I_348870_CL_1.jpg
    Dick Cepek DC-1 wheels. These have Tough clear coating maximizes protection even in the harshest climates

https://www.quadratec.com/products/image_zoom.php?img=/Assets/Images/35403/35403-lg.jpg
    American Racing Victor ATX Teflon wheels. These have a teflon coating and will not rust and excellent all year.
  2. poncho08

poncho08 New Member

id go with the first one my salf
  3. 1995 silverado

1995 silverado New Member

i agree... i like the first ones... they seem to be pretty common here in hawaii too. saw a bunch of trucks with them, they looked pretty cherry!
  4. wheakory

wheakory New Member

My concern is if they will hold up in the winter. I know the teflon will from what I heard. Do others have either on of these rims if so let me know your experience and show some pictures please.
  5. TheChadders

TheChadders New Member

6. wheakory

wheakory New Member