1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Can't find an original steering arm for a 1990 Suburban V2500 4x4

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by aldenflint, Jan 25, 2012.

1. aldenflint

aldenflint New Member

I have a 1990 suburban that at one point had a suspension lift so it has a very tall steering arm on the knuckle and the drag link is bent because of this. I can't find anyone that carries the OEM steering arm, all I can find is for lifted trucks. Is there anyone that has lifted their truck and still has the original arm and wants to sell it? Or can anyone recommend a place that would carry this part? Thanks in advance
  2. janikphoto

janikphoto Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Geez... the number of this era suburbans in my local junkyards is staggering. I'm surprised you can't find one! Granted, the 2500 is less common, but they still exist in the yards.
  3. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I used to have a steering arm for that application, but I sold it for scrap metal a few months ago. It should be relatively easy to find in a junkyard if you have a reasonable number of 4wd trucks around. The steering arm you're looking for should have been used on Suburbans and Blazers roughly from 1973 to 1991. If you need it the next time I go to the junkyard and it's still there, I'll pick it up.
  4. Joeairforce

Joeairforce Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

You're talking about the pitman arm right? LMCTruck has em.