1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Can't find fuel filter for 08 Silverado??

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by BBC4EVER, Jun 12, 2009.

1. BBC4EVER

BBC4EVER Member

Guys-I have almost 18k on my truck and no one carries a fuel filter for my truck (I haven't checked the dealer yet). Does it have the typical inline style, I haven't been under there to look. I know some trailblazers have them in the tank (yuk). Does anyone have a part number? Thanks-Jason
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Well, the dealer wil carry it, might be pricy. Check with some guys like www.wundercarparts.com or one of the other vendors in the marketplace, they can probably help out.
  3. 1st Synthetics

1st Synthetics Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The only engine I am getting a fuel filter for is the 4.3L when I look it up. What engine do you have?
  4. GaryL

GaryL Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I don't think they use servicable filters anymore, its now part of tbe pump.
  5. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I just went to Costco to fill up. The tanker truck was there filling the tanks. Since my Silverado's fuel filter is also in my tank I elected to wait to fill the tank.
    Never buy gas while the tanker truck is filling the tank. You are more apt to get dirty fuel while this is going on, or so I've read anyway.
  6. grimreapersshadow

grimreapersshadow Rockstar 100 Posts

alot of the 06 and up trucks have went to in tank filters and they dont recommend replacemnet till its time to service the fuel pump its self
  7. unscarred

unscarred New Member

I have an 07 NBS silverado. Last year, my truck started to stall when I would stop at a red light. I took it in thinking it was the fuel filter, and I had the dealership look at it. When I got it back they told me that the new body style silverados do not have fuel filters, but something called the fuel line sensor. They replaced it and the truck runs great. Anywho, I hope this helps..
  8. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

starting in 2005 GM went to a intake filter that is part of the fuel pump
  9. BBC4EVER

BBC4EVER Member

I have the 5.3. Thanks guys, like I said, I haven't crawled under and looked, but I figured they switched to the in tank filter (yuk).
  10. BBC4EVER

BBC4EVER Member

Yea, I've been told the same thing. It makes sense. I know the system has filters in it, but I do not know how fine they filter. Might as well follow that rule unless you absolutely have to get fuel.