1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Can't remove the third seat

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Sandro, May 24, 2008.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. Sandro

Sandro New Member

On my 2005 Suburban. The user manual is of no help. After folding the seat and tilted it up, how to unlatch it from the floor? I cannot see any other lever or other unlatch mechanism.

Thanks,

- Sandro

2. omegafiler

omegafiler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

There is a long metal lever that you use to unlatch it. Once you've tilted it forward, it's towards the bottom and sorta blends in with the rest of the bottom of the seat frame. You might also need to move the seat back or forward if it won't unlatch.

3. Sandro

Sandro New Member

Thanks. Actually, you have to pull a strap, identified as "number 3". Oddly, the manual does not identifies it with its stamped number... The strap is to the right - from behind the seat - of the metal level you mention (which is identified as "number 2"). The strap pulls two cables that unlock the two latches.

- Sandro

4. omegafiler

omegafiler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Ahh, just recalling from memory, I only put 'em in maybe 1 or 2 times a year. They stay in the closet the rest of the time. :)

5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I agree, i've struggled with several of these in the different vehicles I've tested. Could be simpler.