1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Can't Stand V4 Mode!!!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by mrbrown88, Apr 22, 2012.

1. mrbrown88

mrbrown88 Member

I can not stand my truck switching back and forth from V8 to V4 anymore. Is there any way the dealer can disable this stupid feature or am I going to have to buy a programmer to get rid of it? I need help because it really bothers me how much it switches back and forth.

Thanks everyone!
  2. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Drive in tow mode! :lol:

But as for being able to turn it off I'm not sure. I drive a truck a lot with the 4 cylinder shutoff and i agree its annoying when you want to try and pass someone and there is that huge delay! Hopefully someone else has knowledge on this
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I turned it off with my Superships programer.. Best thing I ever did.. MPG's did not move much so well worth doing it..
  4. CKNSLS

CKNSLS Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Around town use your manual mode in the 5th setting and it will never come on. No need to spend any money on aftermarket tunes that will indeed void your warranty.
  5. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Your best bet if to get a custom tune i know black bear can remove the v4 mode or like enkie said get the superchip which i never knew they could do

Ok i dont know where this guy is getting his info to but i never had a problem with a custom tunr or programmer on my silverado , Cobalt ss or our 2500hd work truck
  6. CKNSLS

CKNSLS Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Go ask your friendly neighborhood Chevrolet dealer the following question- Mr. Service Manager, I have an aftermarket tune, does it void my warranty?

Se what he says and please report your findings.....here.
  7. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

LOL thats cute. But first my dealer has got to prove that what ever happen to my truck was becasue of the programmer same goes for all my other aftermarket parts. i had a stage 3 cobalt ss never had a problem getting warranty work done same goes for my silverado
  8. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Plus Most programers can switch back to Stock in 5 mins.. I always do that before I go to dealer for Warr work. And I have the Superchips Sticker on the side window of my truck.....:gasp:
  9. My dealer up here in Canada has a programer that does not void the warranty but it cost $550.00 plus tax. It only shuts down the V8 to V4 mode.
  10. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I've gone into the dealership in many different cars in trucks that were still covered under warranty and I don't think I single one of them was stock. Maybe we buy enough vehicles from our dealer that they love use or as long as what's wrong has nothing to do with the aftermarket parts so they still fix it. But back goths topic, I don't have the 6 speed but I've never had an issue with v4 mode. I took my tune off probably 8 months ago to sell it for something new. I've yet to figure out if it's custom or diablo intune