1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Can't Stand V4 Mode!!!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by mrbrown88, Apr 22, 2012.

1. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Im sorry CKNSLS, there are companies that do claim that their programs do not leave footprints. One company that I know is wait4meperformance. Im just putting it out there so there's no reason to be hostile.
  2. catmechanic07

catmechanic07 Former Member

I have a Diablo Tuner. Does away with the 4 cyl mode, shift points can be adjusted, speedo calibrated, injector trims adjusted, 3 settings to choose from instead of being stuck with one tune. Reads codes thru the OBD port and can be removed easily with no trace of ever being on the truck. They run around $350. I have to take mine off before going to dealer sat for oil consumption issues. Oh yeah.......when you install it......Its married to your truck tho!
  3. CKNSLS

CKNSLS Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Kyle - is it on their website? If it is I don't see it. Just curious. Not being hostile.
  4. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Can you explain this process a little bit better? Turning off the AFM is a question that comes up frequently here and this is one option that may be appealing to those who do not want to purchase a programmer.
  5. O'Brien

O'Brien Member

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 PM ----------

Quite simple actually. Just place the shift selector to M and before taking off push the up arrows on the gear selector 4 times until the dash readout reaches 5. Then just drive it like a 5 speed up to around 65-70. She'll never go into 4 cylinder mode and will upshift and downshift automatically through 5 gears. Unless of course you push the up button one more time into the 6 readout postion or run it in auto select.
  6. mfleetwood

Thanks for the additional info! It will be helpful when people search for AFM topics.
  7. CKNSLS

CKNSLS Member 2 Years 100 Posts

There are quite a few complaints on the V8to V-4 mode. But as stated it's as simple as using manual setting #5. I do this around town in mine. When mine comes on it is seamless and I have achieved 20mpg in 4 cylinder mode on the highway from So. Cal to Salt Lake City on three separate occasions. And once from So. Cal to Sedona, AZ same miles-per-gallon. I bought this truck because of this feature among other things.
  8. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

the little bit ive driven my truck so far, V8 to V4 is almost seamless, at times it lags a touch, but for the most part its been fine.

Alex
  9. mfleetwood

Thanks for the additional insight! Lots of opinions on the AFM, that's for sure.
  10. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Its on their company page, right side, under got a new truck. Hope this helps :glasses: http://wait4meperformance.com/