Captiva Changing Gears ~ 15K Miles, and already an issue! (2012 Chevy Captiva V6 FWD)

Discussion in 'Chevy Captiva Sport Forum (Saturn Vue)' started by Camaro69car, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Camaro69car

Camaro69car Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Well, I was in stop and go traffic the other day (temps were normal) but speed was right around where 1st changes into second and vice versa. I noticed that when the transmission upshifted from 1st to 2nd, it would clunk and jerk the whole vehicle. ell after a while of stop and go, i just figured it was just a quirk I need to get used to. After about 20-30 mins of this traffic, I would lightly press the gas to move up and when the transmission shifted from 1st to 2nd, it revved up, almost like it was in neutral, then chirped the tires when it caught second gear. (dealer could not replicate, and says its fine)

Any thoughts?

2012 Chevy Captiva V6 FWD

2. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Did you check fluid level?

3. Camaro69car

I guess I made the 1st mistake of being a mechanic. Never trust that the dealership has checked all that. I'll be sure to do that on my off day.

4. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

As a brand new car that's under warranty the dealer should listen to you and try to find and fix the problem.

5. Camaro69car

I'm about to just say **** it and try to break it. Hard to ignore a trans missing an entire gear.

6. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

Since you have a 2012 Captiva, I assume you are still under 36K miles? If yes, then take it to the Chevrolet dealer and they'll diagnose and fix the problem.

7. Camaro69car

8. MrShorty

MrShorty Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

My thought: the problem is that the dealer could not replicate the problem. You as the one who drives it all the time, are in a better position to know when it acts up and when it doesn't. In many ways, I would agree with the "take him on a ride" approach. Maybe start with, "I recognize this problem is intermittent, how did you test it last time? ___ Those aren't the kind of conditions/situations where I experience the problem. It only seems to act up when _____. Would it be helpful if me and your technician went out together so I can show him the symptoms and the driving situation(s) that trigger the symptoms."

9. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Camaro69car,

I understand your frustration with the dealership not being able to duplicate an issue you are experiencing with your vehicle. I am happy to locate another dealership in your area for a second opinion. If interested, I could even set up the appointment for you. Please private message if I can be of any assistance.

Regards,

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care

10. Camaro69car

I appreciate the offer Jennifer, However I already have an appointment for this weekend at a different dealership. I would like to message you regarding some warranty questions.