1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Captiva Changing Gears ~ 15K Miles, and already an issue! (2012 Chevy Captiva V6 FWD)

Discussion in 'Chevy Captiva Sport Forum (Saturn Vue)' started by Camaro69car, Sep 8, 2013.

1. j cat

j cat Active Member 1000 Posts

your problem seems to me to be harsh up shifting due to higher than normal transmission pressures. this is when the PCM/computer sees transmission slippage so it the commands max pressures.

this will throw no codes ....also on shutdown this all resets so if they then go for a short ride it may not do it right away..
  2. Camaro69car

Camaro69car New Member

I can feel it trying to find a gear, it's almost like a gear thats missing about 1/4-1/2 of its teeth missing. engine drives as normal like its in gear, then all of a sudden BANG its moving again. Also the lag between the time you press the gas pedal until the time it finds a gear is ridiculous! right around 3-4 seconds.

I'm hoping that this other dealership can at least let me drive and show the mechanic whats going on.

I also hope that this isn't the same transmission they used in the Equinox. If so, I'm looking at a new transmission at around 60-70K. (my sister in law had one)
  3. Hello,

I did see your message regarding warranties but I would like to assist you with this vehicle issue that you are experiencing. Again, private message if you are interested in my assistance.

Regards,

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care
  4. Camaro69car

Camaro69car New Member

So, Dealership says there is an issue, however at the moment I am unable to be without my vehicle. it may be a solenoid issue or possibly mechanical. Due to my age, they are unable to provide me with a loaner, therefore I will have to wait until I get my girlfriends cavalier running again.
  5. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts

Well. isn't that interesting. Your old enough to buy it, but not old enough for GM to provide all of the contents of the warranty they agreed to honor.

Of course you know, the longer you drive it with a known problem, the less interest GM will have in fixing it for free. They can/may claim you were aware of the problem and would not allow GM to repair, therefore GM no longer will cover the fix.
  6. Camaro69car

Camaro69car New Member

The problem isn't with them loaning me a car, its with the insurance they have to cover me under. They want me to be 25 to loan me the vehicle.
  7. RayVoy

I knew it was an insurance problem; but that should not be a problem for you, it's the dealer's problem.

You purchased a car, with warranty, in good faith. The warranty states that you will be supplied with a rental, or a loaner, car while yours is being repaired. The dealer is not living up to the customer's expectations.

And................I still say, that is you continue to drive your vehicle after the dealership has advised that it requires repair, and the repairs get worse, GM may not cover it.

GO AFTER THEN FOR A LOANER. Tell them to fix the insurance problem, or you will talk to a lawyer. You paid for a service and you are not receiving it.
  8. Camaro69car

Camaro69car New Member

Do you know any lawyers that work for free / cheap?
  9. RayVoy

Haha, ok, so that's the path I would take; but, I've reached the point where no one takes advantage of me without repercussions.

In your case, take the policy way first (and, it's cheap, free). Call the 800 number in the owner's manual. GM customer service must have a policy covering the insurance issue.
  10. Camaro69car

Camaro69car New Member

thank you, appointment tomorrow at the local dealership. hopefully I can get a new impala loaner.