1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Captiva Changing Gears ~ 15K Miles, and already an issue! (2012 Chevy Captiva V6 FWD)

Discussion in 'Chevy Captiva Sport Forum (Saturn Vue)' started by Camaro69car, Sep 8, 2013.

1. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Active Member 1000 Posts

Wow
    What is a Captiva?? Thought I had a decent idea of Chevy's lineup
    Spark-
    Sonic
    Cruise
    Malibu
    Impala
    Tahoe
    Suburban
    Colorado (or is that the GMC) less than 1/2 ton pickup
    1/2 ton pickup 3/4 1 ton
    the 2 crossover unibody SUVs
    vans -body on frame-no minivans
    What is a Captiva?
  2. Jim S

Jim S New Member

Any resolution to this? I have a Captiva with 20k and it has shifted very hard to second since I got it at 17k.
  3. Camaro69car

Camaro69car New Member

Been turning off both traction control + Stabilitrak (hold down traction control button for about 5 secs) seems to help but not all the time. Still trying to get the dealer to give me a rental because they want to keep it for a couple of days.

P.S. What engine do you have?
  4. Camaro69car,

I am sorry to learn that your vehicle is at the dealership for an issue you are experiencing. I would be more than happy to assist. Private message me if I can be of any assistance.

Regards,

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care
  5. Camaro69car

Camaro69car New Member

Thank you. Will be out of town next weekend, but after that I may be contacting you regarding a loaner car situation. I don't want to "Lawyer up" if I don't have to. Being 21 is whats stopping them from giving me a loaner due to their insurance. I've got the extended warranty, as well as road hazard, so there shouldn't be an excuse as to why a loaner vehicle cannot be provided while the vehicle is being tested / repaired.

The feeling I get is like teeth are missing on second gear. The engine will increase its RPM, then will "Clunk" into gear. however, when Stabilitrak and Traction Control are off, it does it 25% less often. So I'm baffled.
  6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Keep us up to date on this. If you have any other issues please feel free to start a new thread instead of posting inside of this thread, that will help other people who have the same issue to be able to find it.
  7. Camaro69car

Camaro69car New Member

Sounds good Scuba Steve!
  8. Camaro69car

Camaro69car New Member

Appointment with dealer on November 9th, mechanic agreed to ride with me. And Hopefully if they need to keep the car, I can get a loaner, (need something comfy like an impala or something due to my back)
  9. Camaro69car

Camaro69car New Member

Something new to offer as well, Parking brake making some noise. Sounds like a spring rubbing against a metal tube. Kind of like a clicking/popping noise. I'm not trying to be "Whiney" but seriously...

Appointment set for saturday morning at the stealership and hopefully they don't mind taking a look at that as well.
  10. Camaro69car

Camaro69car New Member

Ok, so I had to change my appointment to wednesday due to some doctors appointments in the area. I will update when I hear anything about this issue. one of the tech's I was talking with said the silverado's have the same issue. something about a gear spinning backwards when your not on the gas.

- - - Updated - - -

UPDATE:

Issue has been getting worse, today I went to give it some gas to get around some idiot and it felt like someone was pumping the gas pedal before taking off. almost like the gear was hopping if that makes any sense.

I miss stick shift =(