Captiva sport : Rear windows not going down

Discussion in 'Chevy Captiva Sport Forum (Saturn Vue)' started by Camaro69car, Nov 6, 2013.

Newest Photos

1. Camaro69car

Camaro69car New Member 100 Posts

I can hear the motor clicking on and off, but no movement.

I rarely use these windows, but they should work whenever I need them.

Dealership appointment Scheduled for Saturday (also for trans issues)

I will update on the status of this as frequently as possible.

(this may have been caused due to the fact I smoke, and sometimes rain hits the switches for the windows)
    If anyone can find me some of those rain guards to keep the rain out that would be awesome.
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Wow. How many miles? What window?
  3. Camaro69car

19K miles give or take, and both rear windows.
  4. Krull

Krull New Member

My 12 Captiva has intermittent issues with all the windows, I have experienced a click and no movement on all 4 of my windows. When it happens I also go to the offending door and try the switch on the door and get a click and no movement. One time while driving a window started responding again on its own 10 minutes later. Other times I had to turn the Captiva off and back on to regain control of the windows. Its so intermittent, I doubt the dealer will do anything for me. I do wonder if it could be a bad connection on the BCM. Transmission issues? don't even get me started, mine is messed up. I'm at 27k miles.
  5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Wow, that's uncool. Well, with windows rolled down in the winter it might be very cool.
  6. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Hopefully you already know if your having issues that are intermittant, and the vehicles still under warranty take it in and get the issue on paper.
    Their are rules about coverage and repairs after the warranty period, if youve got documentation that you had problems but the desler couldnt verify or repair it gives you some avenue to have the repair completed under warranty after the warranty period expires.
    I would check the Magnussen Moss Warranty Act for brtter specifics on how to handle the issue and what type info youll need.
  7. Camaro69car

Yeah I got my drivers window down by myself, Had my girl hold the switch down while I pushed the window down. The seals are so tight, the window motor cant break the seal, thus, window wont go down. Right rear is a different story. The dealership is going to have to figure that one out.
  8. Camaro69car

Since the weather has gotten colder, now both are working fine, I will update when the weather warms up.