1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Captiva's sprouting everywhere

Discussion in 'Chevy Captiva Sport Forum (Saturn Vue)' started by Natesriv, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Natesriv

Natesriv New Member

Guys, I'm seeing them left and right nowadays! I think GM is sitting on a cash mine! And the smart ones likes us are seeing the value in buying them! I'm a big fan of owner's forum's and there's very little (for now) Captiva Sport online traffic... Hopefully more owner's will come on board and we can really make a great resource here!
  2. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

What the heck are these Captivas? Other than the threads here, I've never seen or heard of them. Are they replacing the Equinox or something?
  3. Natesriv

Natesriv New Member

From what I've heard, the Saturn Vue was made in a Mexico assembly plant. When Saturn tanked (which was the biggest dumbass decision GM ever made to close them) that was it. Then GM decided to bring that last generation Vue back with some modern touches and a Chevy badge as the Captiva Sport. Overseas, the Captiva is a regular production model you can buy....her in USA....it's fleet only....but I think you can buy a real one in Canada.....Needless to say, it's a great car for the price. Chevy is making them for rental use, so the other CUV's and SUV's in GM's fleet aren't used for rental use...and no large depreciation because of that.... All I know is my wife got a 2012 with 25k miles, 2 year warranty and all the toys for 19K... that's too good a deal to pass up!
  4. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

The reason they don't sell the Captiva here in the US as to not give the Equinox a rental car reputation.

I for one would rather buy an Equinox as the interior is more upscale, and you get MyLink over the functional but ugly GM radio.
  5. kinson33

kinson33 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

They're everywhere now because we recycle our rental fleet every 1.5-2 years.

You will see a ton of owners out there soon. Whether they are the crowd that will join a forum will be another question.
  6. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I read an article several years ago that said, year over year, Saturn NEVER turned a profit, which is why, in the down economy, it was in GM's best interest to close it. Why Saturn hung on as long it did is beyond me; GM should have closed it long ago. Axe the brands that don't sell and put your time/efforts into improving the brands that do sell. On a side note, I wish Pontiac was still around. :(
  7. Natesriv

Natesriv New Member

Sure hope so... a larger knowlede base is always good. Do a search for specific parts for the Captiva Sport and it comes up quite thin...

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe better, but more $$. That's the main reason we bought it, the price/looks/features/warranty were good enough that it stood out. Originally she was looking for a CRV...those just don't have all the power & ammenities that this one does.

- - - Updated - - -

They let the original SC and SL coupe and sedan fall farther and farther behind the competition... by the time they were Ion's they were horrible! The Aura and the Vue and the Outlook were great cars...but too little, too like the rest of the GM fleet and too late....