Car Insurance question

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by VictimVictim, Dec 5, 2008.

1. VictimVictim

VictimVictim New Member

I recently got a new 2007 chevy silverado and i was wondering what everyones opionions are for which provider I should use for car insurance. I previously drove without insurance, which I'm well aware of that being illigal. My neighbor suggested going to this site www.WhipsAutomotive.com but after I clicked the state dropdown menu and clicked virginia it went to the next page and didn't finish loading. Maybe it was my computer. Could someone check that to see if it is them and my neighbor just gave me a bad link or it was me?

2. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

3. VictimVictim

VictimVictim New Member

what is your current provider?

4. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

AIG is the company that covers my wife and I's trucks

5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

6. VictimVictim

VictimVictim New Member

i was considering joining "the gecko" what are your opinions about gieco

7. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I have been using USAA for about 10 years. You can get into them if you are in the military or if your folks are in or are retired military. I have everything with them, the wifes wedding rings, all vehicles, home and belongings. They are very responsive and take care of everything. old My truck was hit. One call to USAA was it. I never talked to them again, my truck was finished from the body shop, I had the rental car for a week (I sugest an upgrade on the rentl cars) and had no problems.

8. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I've used Geico for several years. They do stuff over the phone, are really super nice, take care of claims quickly enough, and have been fair with me when it's come to payments that were late by a few days - never any worries. I didn't shop around to all the insurance companies and compare prices and do research so they may not be the cheapest/best, but suit me just fine and am happy with what I pay vs the service I get out of them.

9. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I suggest you get quotes from several before deciding. I have used American National for years and with combined rates (Home, Auto, Life, etc.) Their prices have been the cheapest (for my family).

10. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I need to mention that there hae been other members that have bad things to say about farmers. Not that I am speaking for everyone with farmers but do a search and see for your self.