GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Car Insurance - What company do you have, and how much do you pay?

Discussion in 'Car Insurance Reviews' started by Jimmeh, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Jimmeh

Jimmeh New Member

For the last four years, I've been with The Hartford insurance. However, after buying the Chevy, AND getting a supposed "discount" by buying life insurance, I was paying close to $300 a MONTH for insurance. I am under 25, and had one accident when I was 16, however in the state of Montana accidents are only on your record for 3 years. Through the Hartford, though, they had the accident on there from the beginning, and when I informed them that my license was clean, they only lowered the amount by about $10.

Last week, I used an add from this website and put my information in to try to find some cheaper insurance. State Farm called me on Monday and gave me a quote at $120 a month for the same amount of coverage. After giving them some more info, changing a couple of things, and also buying life insurance, I am now paying $151.48 a month.

Just curious who others use.
  2. murdog94

murdog94 New Member

State Farm... Been with them for 9 years.
  3. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra New Member

Just switched to Geico. I was previously with AMICA, who was excellent, but I couldn't justify the additional cost. Geico rates and service (so far) are good. I had a chip in the windshield which was handled promptly, and didn't cost me anything.
  4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member

Been with StateFarm for over 25 years. Have 9 policys with them. They have always been great. Lost my house in 05 to hurricane and they were fantastic. Had a check in two weeks.
  5. luis.stevens

luis.stevens New Member

I’m with The Hartford (AARP) for home, umbrella and auto insurance for the last 5 years. Got a really good deal and saved close to $400 when I switched over. The Hartford has one of the best customer services IMO.
  6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member

I was with one of these web-obly cheapies, but they got bought up by Unitrin, so far I'm just paying them and they send me the card saying I'm covered. :)
  7. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 New Member

Allstate, 4 cars, 3 drivers (one under 21) for $320 a month. Been with Allstate for over 10 years. For just my truck it breaks down to $78 a month.
  8. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 New Member

State Farm for two years. Kinda expensive
  9. murdog94

murdog94 New Member

See USAA couldnt touch State Farm when I looked into changing.. They wanted Double what i am paying state farm. I pay $120 for 2 life ins. policies, and 2 cars full coverage, and when i add my house (getting everything inspected on a trailer takes time) Then it will be about $130. Still great since i was paying that when i had both of my new cars. So it really didnt change when i went to older cars for monthy rates.. But i dropped the deductable as well..

Oh and KyleZ71, it takes time for it to go down with state farm.. But they have been nothing but awsome with me.
  10. RedneckGirl

RedneckGirl New Member

I have state farm and pay $60 month for full coverage and I'm 20 years old
  11. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member

Age 25 seems to be the magic number for premiums to start getting cheaper.
  12. anthonyl9

anthonyl9 New Member

I've been with the Hartford for over 15 years with my home and auto and umbrella coverage. I also insure my rental properties with them. I have never had an issue, and as a matter of fact this year they rewrote my auto policy and saved me over 500 bucks, and they called me to initiate it. I also had a situation this year when my wife’s car was in for repairs on an insurance covered item. I had rented a car prior to getting the insurance involved and was prepared to pay it out of my pocket and get reimbursed. The Hartford knew I had rented a car from Enterprise, and arranged to pay them directly without me asking. I dropped off the car and to my surprise the bill was taken care of. Great customer service and decent rates imo.
  13. Sam_A

Sam_A New Member

I use USAA for all of my insurance, but I have used Gieco and Progressive in the past. I was really happy with progressive, but in the end USAA beat them all for my needs. If you are in the military, or are a military family member, I highly recommend looking into USAA.
  14. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 New Member

I use USAA as well. They've done us pretty well. I'm single, 22, no accidents, one speeding ticket and I think I pay about $80 a month for full coverage. I'm not entirely sure on the exact cost for that, though.
  15. sharpshooterusmc

sharpshooterusmc New Member

I had allstate from when i was 18 til i was 20 on my 01 Z71 and i was paying $340 a month for full coverage. I know i was being raped but for some reason i couldnt get anything much cheaper than that. I joined the Marine Corps and bought my 2001 2500HD and switched to USAA and im paying $110 a month. One of the perks of being in the military
  16. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member

Up here in Winnipeg we have one insurance company MPIC.I have had a clean driving record for over 18 years and have been driving for 25 years.I pay 143.00 a month for full coverage
  17. trapstud

trapstud New Member

I use Acuity a local insurance co. I pay $55 a month for full coverage on my suburban and Liability on my durango. No tickets in 10 years and no accidents.
  18. Miller

Miller New Member

I'm with american family, was paying 38 a month for liability on my 95 explorer, Now I'm paying 84 for full coverage on my 08 silverado.
  19. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member

I have state farm, parents have been with them for 30+ years. I am 28 and married. I pay 185 a month for 4 vehicles. 63 a month for a 02 Altima which they have me as the primary, $42 a month for my truck (which my wife is the primary), $59 for an 03 Altima (car we bought for my sister). All three have full coverage and they already shelled out about 20,000 for repairs when my truck was stolen 4 years ago. I also pay $21 a month on my 1960 Land rover for liability coverage. Our house insurance is also through them. Cant say I've ever had a bad thing to say about them and have always paid less than most people I know in my age and gender (even when I was 16).
  20. jwco5.3

jwco5.3 New Member

Your only 20? Think I saw you in a bikini contest or two around these parts haha.

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

full coverage on my truck and my wifes 00 corolla is 125 combined. I just turned 25, she is 23.... she got two tickets this last summer or it would be much lower :(... but i'm still happy with my rates.