Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Car makes and their luxury counterparts..

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by daweinah, Oct 26, 2010.

1. daweinah

daweinah Rockstar 100 Posts

I was having a discussion with my girlfriend tonight about Buicks and whether or not they were better than Cadillacs. My thoughts are they are the same "level", ie Cadillacs : Chevy :: Buick : GM

So we have:
    Toyota -> Lexus
    Nissan -> Infinity
    Ford -> Lincoln
    Chevrolet -> Cadillac/Oldmobile?
    GMC -> Buick

Anything else?
  2. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

How about VW -> Audi
  3. Big75

Big75 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

dodge -> chrysler
  4. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

VW also Porsche
  5. troutbug

troutbug Rockstar 100 Posts

Just curious, where did you come up with Cadillac being the higher end of Chevy & Buick being an upscale GMC? Cadillac, Chevrolet, Buick, and GMC are all individual parts of the parent company GM, AFAIK. Someone chime in if I'm wrong...
  6. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

yes they are all part of GM, but cadillac is the upscale brand version to Chevrolet/GMC. (ie the cadillac escalade is the luxury version of the tahoe etc). Not all cadillac vehicles are a upgraded chevy but that is the best way to descibe it. similar to the infiniti being more luxury than nissan but same cars and owned by nissan. but i think i see where you are going with the question as GM is the parent company and not Chevy. but thats the design setups
  7. troutbug

troutbug Rockstar 100 Posts

Yeah, all I'm asking is how is Cadillac an upscale Chevy, not an upscale GM automobile line. What makes the Buick the high-end GMC? How did he differentiate the two? By that reasoning, Buick could be the fancier Chevy and Cadillac could be the luxury GMC. It doesn't seem to correlate directly with GM's. BTW, I've never seen a GMC car.:na:

Maybe I'm being a little picky...sorry about that. Guess I'm just having a rough day.
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  8. ThatSilverStepside

ThatSilverStepside Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

Acura is Honda
    Lexus is Toyota
    Infiniti is Nissan
    Lincoln, Mercury, Jaguar and Volvo are Ford
    Audi is VW
    Saab, Cadillac, Pontiac Buick and Chevy are GM
    Chysler and Dodge are Diamler (Mercedes-Benz)
    Mini Cooper is BMW
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  9. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Jag is no longer owned by Ford and I think they sold Volvo and Range Rover too,Saab is also no longer owned by GM, Chysler and Dodge have not been with MB for 2 years. And Dodge is now just the Truck part of Chysler They are both owned by FIAT now..Acura is the higher end of Honda

What else would you like to know?
  10. ThatSilverStepside

ThatSilverStepside Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

I think you got the whole, pointing out I'm an idiot thing covered (well deserved), I copied that and posted it without reading lol. hands in a cast again so I hate typing