1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Car warranty

Discussion in 'General Classifieds' started by GirlieMole, Mar 29, 2011.

Random Gallery Photos

1. GirlieMole

GirlieMole New Member

Would buying cars abroad an ideal option. How much car warranty can we get?
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Why do the spambots come on here with these posts? I HAVE NOFOLLOW TURNED ON!!!!

WEBSITE SEO LESSON FOR THE DAY
    Let me give everyone a lesson in web development becuase I get asked frequently where we have spam on here from time to time. For everyone that doesn't know, Google and all of the search engines (Bing, Yahoo, Ask, etc.) recognize TWO types of links that are put up on a website. 1) FOLLOW. 2) NOFOLLOW.

If the link is put up on a website with just a link and no code behind it, then Google will come to this page and then they will INDEX (store in it's database) this page with a link to the other page. Google will then go to the other website and will scan the contents of that page and they will be loosly tied together.

However, if the website puts code up inside of the link that says "NOFOLLOW", the Google knows NOT TO INDEX and NOT TO FOLLOW the link that was placed up on the page.

So in this example, we have some dude (or a small collection of people) who have a software forum-spambot that came here, created a fake user account with the name "GirlieMole" and they posted a couple of fake posts and one of them has a link to "car warranty" as listed above. The URL for that goes to gocarwarranty.co.uk which they are hoping to get credit for links on dozens or even hundreds of automotive forums across the world for the term "car warranty".

However, since I have no-follow turned on, their link looks like this when you look at the HTML code on the backend of the website:

Ok boys and girls, that's your web design SEO tip of the day. :) Sigh, just a big waste of time for them, but it's just annoying.
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Thanks for that explaination, Steve.