1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Carb vs. Fuel Injection [Expired Topic]

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by KD7ONE, Jan 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KD7ONE

KD7ONE New Member

I was wondering if the carb engine got better, worse or the same gas milage than the fuel injected engine. I have a 350 engine in my 1990 Burban.
  2. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr New Member 1000 Posts

I'd say that the carb engine got worse mpg than the FI. Were you thinking of switching over to carb?
  3. KD7ONE

KD7ONE New Member

No. I was just curious.
  4. 84fiero123

84fiero123 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

I don’t think there was a real big diference in MPG between the 2. Our 86 got 16 MPG with the 350/OD, 2 wheel drive.

I did like the carb model better. I understood it and had rebuilt dozens of them. It was cheaper to rebuild than a fuel injector. Hell it was cheaper to buy a whole new carb than just to buy 2 fuel injectors. At $150 each injectors it gets expensive.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2007
  5. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr New Member 1000 Posts

Good point.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.