1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Carbs

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by heaviechevie, Jan 21, 2009.

1. heaviechevie

heaviechevie Member

Getting rid of the $%@#ard holley carb on my truck, I know most people run edelbrock 1406 on basicly stock 350 but can I run a 750 since that's what the original Q-jet was? I plan on doing an engine swap but that isn't till later in the year so I need this to run semi correctly atleast better than what the holley is doing.

2. GaryL

GaryL Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

You should be able to run the 750 Edelbrock without any problems. It meters similar to a q-jet, so a little too big won't hurt you if it is jetted properly.

3. heaviechevie

heaviechevie Member

Thanks Gary, I think my holley has bigger jets in it than what it's supposed to. I have been turning the mixture screws back in and it seems to get better. I went and got a 1405 edelbrock carb. I'm going to do a rebuild since it's used but I haven't decided if I want to put an electric choke kit on it or just install a cable choke. I kept the price of what I was gonna get down low since I plain on an engine swap and then rebuild my current motor.