1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cargo Management System? Chevy Silverado.

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by TomK, Jun 25, 2009.

1. TomK

TomK New Member

Just wanted to know if anyone actually uses this? I want to get the toolbox, and bed divider, but I would like to get some insight before I order.

Tom
  2. ProspectorTim

ProspectorTim New Member

Subscribing to the thread.
    I'm also considering the cargo management system and wondering is it really practical, or just nice-to-have.
  3. savagetman

savagetman Member

I have a 2012 gmc sierra regular cab 4wd and 6.6 box with CMS im my truck. iv got 2 of the side storage tool boxes, one for ether side of the bed, as well as several of the movable anchor mounts, and all covered by my roll-up truxedo truxport tonneau cover. I use the one on the drivers side to keep all my tow straps, ratchet straps and jumper cables in, as well as the drop down receiver and pin for the rear hitch. the passenger side box is usually empty but its there if i need to take tools somewhere to work on something as i can unlock the tool box and take it off the CMS rails and then carry it with one hand. i find it very handy, and in the near future going to buy the motorcycle wheel chock for the front rail as it will help secure a bike in the back of the truck with ratchet straps as well. as for the bed divider im still contemplating that my self, not sure if i should go with the basic one http://www.partsformygm.com/product/Sliding-Bed-Divider/294326/ . or the one that can be used as a bed divider/headache and over the bed rack http://www.partsformygm.com/product/Overhead-Utility-Rack-Bed-Divider/299857/ or the bed extender http://www.partsformygm.com/product/Bed-Extender/293423/. I hope this helps. O on a side note if u get the small tool boxes and want to use a tonneau cover it will have to be one that sits on top of the bed rails and not on the inside of the bed rails, the small toolboxes sit higher up on the rails then the big one that goes across the bed.
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

[MENTION=51713]savagetman[/MENTION],
    Ummm, you just responded to (quoted) a guy whose last login was 04-28-2012 ... in a thread whose last response (until yours) was on 06-26-2009. The thread's been dead nearly 4 years ... and the poster's been gone nearly a year.I

t might be worthwhile to look at the dates of things, in the future?
  5. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone New Member

:lol: Good Point!
  6. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts

I had the CMS on my 2008 Silverado and never used it.
  7. ProspectorTim

ProspectorTim New Member

Hey, I'm not gone; I just don't post much! LOL
    Thanks for the response.

I got a good deal on a combo 90-gallon fuel tank/tool box from Tractor Supply. The low-profile tank that won't interfere with towing a 5th-wheel. The box gives me plenty of room to store straps, a couple of tarps, and other stuff. I also added a length of chain down each side of the truck-bed, connected to the front and rear factory tie-downs. Now I can easily run a rope or hook a ratchet strap anywhere I want to down the entire length of both sides of the bed. :)

My Photobucket Album with more pics of the install

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2013