1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Carlisle Chevrolet Review - Waxahachie, TX

Discussion in 'Car Dealer Reviews' started by ChevyFan, May 21, 2009.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Just talked with these folks and they're just south of me in Waxahachie, Texas and I was amazed at their low service rate. They do service work under warranty and they only charge $80 per hour for non-warranty service work.

They've still got a lot of trucks for sale and all of the chevy cars. They're a family owned dealership dedicated to service and long-term relationships.

Carlisle Chevrolet Cadillac Jeep
    1701 W US Highway 287 Bypass,
    Waxahachie, TX 75165

Sales: 972-268-9309
    Service: 972-268-9314
  2. ChevyFan

I think that what surprised me more than anything about going slightly out of town (not realy all that far) is that you can get a much better deal on a used car/truck/suv then by staying in town.
  3. ChevyFan

Huh, -the day after I called them I noticed that they're going to be shut-down by GM. Seems a shame for Carlisle Chevrolet in Waxahachie, TX to be forced a double whammy like that when it's been a stable part of the community for so long.

GM tells state's oldest Chevy dealer to shut down

WAXAHACHIE — General Motors has been sending letters to some 1,000 dealerships across the country informing them of the automaker's intent to sever ties.

One of those dealerships is the oldest Chevy dealer in Texas. GM is canceling its contract with Carlisle Chevrolet Cadillac Jeep in Waxahachie.

Carlisle has been a fixture in Waxahachie for 90 years. Those who know the family who own the dealership say they have played a huge role in the growth and civic pride of the Ellis County town.

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/wfaa/latestnews/stories/wfaa090521_mo_carlisle.4633fed.html
  4. ChevyFan

There's a lot of conversation around town on these types of shut-downs. I just wonder how this will affect the overall unemployment job claims as all these dealers are getting their product taken away...
  5. ChevyFan

Looks like this dealership is still doing business, they kept their dealership and are still at it. Anyone buy from them recently?