Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

carpet cleaners [Expired Topic]

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by MN_Burbon, Jul 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MN_Burbon

MN_Burbon Rockstar 100 Posts

Before I put in the new center console I'd like to clean the floor up some. I have several coffee accidents and other misc "crap" on the floor that have left the carpet in a fairly unappealing condition. I have a friend that does a "roto-clean" carpet business that will go through it for me for $100 but I just wanted to see if there were any other "home remedies" or secret cleaners that I should try before dropping the dime.
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Very vew things I hate worse than to spend a lot of time getting crud and coffee and etc out of carpet. $100 to make it look like new would seems like a lot for a car (maybe if it includes a mini-detail too).

They say that you should get a mini-detail each year at least once. That way, you never have to have a torture session getting it clean every 5 years.
  3. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

my wife uses white viniger and soaks the spot down, and then puts a dry towel on top of wet spot with a weight on top, like a cast iron tea pot and lets it soak it up over night then repeats if nesisery. but also said she would only do that on light color rugs. but it does work
  4. MN_Burbon

MN_Burbon Rockstar 100 Posts

Good tip, I will look into that. Fortunately the carpet is a light grey (where its not stained ;-))
  5. Guest

Guest Guest

I used a very light bleach when cleaning the coffee stains, like 2 capsfulls to a gallon of water, and it worked fine on the door panel. But the carpet didn't do so well. I have the light grey interior too, and you can see where some water/bleach solution was used. My advice stick with the vinegar.

I Should have remembered that vinegar works on coffee stains....we used to put vinegar and icecubes into the glass coffee pots to clean the stains out of them at a restaurant I used to work at when I was a kid.
  6. ChevyFan

I got some kind of FUNKY gels stuff all over the back of my trailblazer. Took some simple green that I had and it came up pretty quickly. Anyone ever use the Simple Green before?
  7. pe2pe2

pe2pe2 New Member

I ripped all of mine out and power washed it. Let it hang in the sun to dry and it looks like new:) I do it once every few years cause I trash the carpet every hunting season.
  8. pe2pe2

pe2pe2 New Member

Steve, what is Simple Green? Is it like goo b gone?
  9. ChevyFan

No, simple green is a non-toxic solvent that seems to get just about anything out if it's mild to medium stain. It won't get something like paint out of cloth, but for a good variety of stains like coffee or ketchup it will get it out and you don't have to choke on the fumes. You can get it at Home Depot or Lowes or whatever.
  10. ChevyFan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.