1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Carr Light wing/TruckLite led lights install (Now with MORE pictures!!!!)

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Sierraowner5.3, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Active Member 1000 Posts

You wanted them, and here they are! The first few are of how I mounted the Light wing, then the lights them selves. after that is the switch location, then how I ran the wires inside the wire loom. I need to tweak a few things to get it just how I want it. Im sure the wiring savants out there will tell me i went wrong a few things, but considering this is the first real 12 volt wiring job i did on my own, and it all worked right the first try! since I couldnt find a handy place to frame ground the lights to i ran them to the battery. The switch is a 2 position on/off. The wires to the switch where routed thru the rubber shroud that the door wires go thru on the drivers side kick pannel. (5th pic)

enjoy!

(messed up the other post, if a mod could delete the old one please.)

Alex

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts

Looks Good......:great: DSCF9434.jpg DSCF9435.jpg DSCF9271.jpg When I mounted mine I sanded down my lic plate mount and bolted it to that and the bumper I am still deciding which lights to get.. I will next week at the Keystone show..
  3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts

Excellent work! :great:
  4. Sierraowner5.3

the way the bumper is on the sierras, that wasnt really an option, i spent some time playing around with some backing plates on the plastic to stiffen it up, but I couldnt get it the way I wanted, so I said to hell with it and drilled the bumper.

and [MENTION=50075]SurrealOne[/MENTION], if your telling me that it looks good, I must not have done to bad. :lol:

Alex
  5. barefoot greg

barefoot greg New Member

nice job, i really like the last pic. They look great on there!
  6. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

what brand and model are the LED lights?
  7. Sierraowner5.3

They are TruckLite LED lights.

not sure on part number, a buddy of mine gave them to me, he came back from Afghanistan with em.

Alex
  8. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts

Nice guy....ANd tell him Welcome home....
  9. 2k8z71

2k8z71 New Member

That looks great man. I want to put some spot lights on my truck and that looks like a great way to do it. Guess its another mod to add to my list... lol
  10. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Looking really nice, now you need 2 more behind your grille to really light it up!! I have hooked up many lights in the past few years, and I think you did a nice job. Some people get really anal with installation, but all that matters is that it works.. Plus you get 4.8 out of 5 stars from me, you would be surprised how many people DON'T use wireloom.