Carry and Conceal discussion

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by marko54, Feb 21, 2012.

1. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Just got my permit today! Still shopping on what I will carry

2. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

I CCW a Ruger LCP. Works great in a pocket holster.

3. JeffsChevy

JeffsChevy New Member

Yes I have my permit and carry. Too many pistols to mention. From 9mm, 40 cal. , and 45's.

4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Thread moved to the Sports & Outdoors Forum.

5. Gold Z

Gold Z Member

I have my concealed carry permit and carry a Ruger ACP 380 in one of my front pant pockets.

6. K15 Blazer Guy

K15 Blazer Guy Member 2 Years 100 Posts

dude... CA made that gun a felony somehow... they say its a sawed off shotgun! lol
    i hate living here so gawdamned much... every time i go, its a moral debate.. carry my gun and risk jail, or carry mase and risk death....

7. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Yep gotta love the great state of Kommiefornia and their gun roster. Cant wait to see which of the ~11 new gun law proposals will get passed. Its almost impossible to not break some law here just by breathing on a daily basis.

8. steved

steved Former Member

9. K15 Blazer Guy

K15 Blazer Guy Member 2 Years 100 Posts

yeah dude, CA is aweful... it gets closer and closer to North-Mexico every day...
    a CCW here is $500 just to apply! non refundable
    250 to renew
    you need to pay $60 to register each gun you could/might carry
    then pay to attend a "qualifing" live fire class with each gun at a police range... i didnt look up how much that costs cause i stared to feel faint/sick the more i read about it....

its so.... UNAMERICAN!!!... theres no word for it... its discusting...

10. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

And how does CA expect its poorer citizens to be able to afford that so that they can exercise their 2nd amendment rights (which the Heller Decision already clarified at the Supreme Court level that the 2nd Amendment protects an individual's right to possess a firearm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense ... and which the McDonald v. Chicago Decision confirmed that the right of an individual to "keep and bear arms" protected by the 2nd Amendment is incorporated by the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment and applies to the states)???

That's a lawsuit waiting to happen, as it's financial discrmination that precludes the poor from exercising their rights. I've no problems with fees being assessed but they need to be reasonable ones to cover processing costs. Think the cost of a driver's license. Those have fees. And they're engineered to be afforable by pretty much all walks of life. Firearm permitting (which states ARE allowed to do -- NC does it, it's 5 bucks per permit TO PURCHASE a firearm .. and you need 1 per firearm -- very affordable) has to be reasonable ... and should be more reasonable than a driver's license fee. After all, driving is a privilege ... owning a gun is a right.