Carry and Conceal discussion

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by marko54, Feb 21, 2012.

1. K15 Blazer Guy

K15 Blazer Guy Member 2 Years 100 Posts

You’re absolutely right… but CA has a democrat run executive, legislative, and judicial branch...... the holy trinity of crap-all-over-your-rights…
    shove_gun_control_wht-500x400.png

i wish a law suit would come along to point all of that out... but it would need Ted Nugent himself to fight the legal power of the whole state!

2. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

There are groups out here fighting it in court, but its rediculous. There are alot of counties that are shall issue, so its not too difficult in some areas to get a CCW. San Diego is a may issue county but the Sheriff refuses to approve any CCW's (especially since now both loaded and unloaded open carry of any firearm is illegal), unless you are law enforcement or a buddy.

Heres a map by county
    ca_ccw_map-big.jpg

3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

There needs to be a state preemption. Without one you're basically trying to map a mine field that constantly changes.

Open carry was like that where I lived in Kansas -- i.e. no state preemption. That's a super messy scenario, as the boundary between one county and another is about as clear as mud unless you happen to be crossing the country line on a road that has a county line sign/marker.

This isn't rocket science. Driving is a privilege, not a right -- and driver's licenses are universally accepted within the 50 states of the U.S.A. and everyone drives the same way in terms of obeying the law whether it's a right-hand drive car, left-hand drive car, truck, SUV, or motorcycle. Why then, are concealed carry permits issued for a RIGHT (not a privilege, like driving, but an actual right) not every bit as ubiquitous in the 50 states? CA's behaviour is scandalous, IMHO.

4. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

couldnt agree more with surreal. one handy thing about VA is state preemption. open carry and shall issue concealed. wish minnesota would follow suite.

alex

5. dsfloyd

Yep I agree its rediculous. The CCW is valid anywhere in the state (I think there are some that do 30 state CCW for reciprocity which CA obviously does not), but you have to go to your local sheriff to get it. So if I lived in any of the green areas (where I grew up for example in Placer County) and got a CCW it is perfectly valid in San Diego, but I cant get one in SD county and cant go to a neighboring or other county to get one. Makes no sense, a statewide permit but I dont have the ability to go to a County that issues to get one.

loaded open carry was banned under Reagan when he was governor. Unloaded open carry of a handgun was banned more recently (cant remember exactly when) and just last year Governor Brown banned unloaded open carry of a long gun. Now it has to be transported in a locked case, with the ammunition stored in a seperate locked case in a seperate area, and you are not allowed to make any unnecessary stops between your home and destination (range). So much for the RIGHT to keep and bear arms.

Also CA will start long gun registration as of January 1st 2014.

And you're exactly right driving is a priviledge not a right.

6. Bighornkid

Bighornkid Member 2 Years 100 Posts

California is really messed up. I've had a CCW for over 45 yrs and when I moved to Maryland, I couldn't get one. You have to have a good reason and nobody that I know has ever come up with a good enough reason. I'm moving back to Wyoming as soon as I can. No gun laws. Yet

7. dsfloyd

Guess another thing I could add is that recently the SD sheriff's department made the requirements even harder for renewals, so even those that had a CCW are now getting denied the renewal even when the assessors are putting in their approval. The sheriffs say its due to a lawsuit from someone denied who only lived here 6 months a year and blah blah blah. the court upheld it saying that since CA allowed unloaded open carry that "the ccw system in the county didnt impermissably restrict his right to keep and bear arms." I guess its currently pending at the 9th circus court of appeals (the most liberal and overturned court of appeals) which maybe something will get done now that all open carry is illegal.

8. offroadmaine

offroadmaine New Member

i conceal the taurus pt709 slim (9mm) and it is perfect 7+1 single stack mag real skinny profile and at about 25 yards its accurate to an inch and all it takes is an in the waist holdter and a t-shirt and youll never see it

9. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

If anyone out there thinks the politicians that run the state of Kommufornia give a crap about the people's rights, they are SADLY mistaken. The liberal mentality out there is to give the poor just enough to keep them voting for the liberals.

IMO, it's actually WORSE than slavery as the people that are being enslaved don't even know it. Pathetic.

Everyone here can see my stance on this.

Sad thing, there are a LOT of other states like this, Illinois, New York, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Maryland, Connecticut.....

Charging a fee for someone to exercise their rights is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!!!!!! The fact that states believe that they can circumvent the Constitution sickens me. I guess the people that make laws forgot about the "shall not be infringed" part. BS, they infringe on our rights every day and we let them.

10. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Well said. It is, however, a travesty that it even needed to be said -- which was rather the point of the question I posed and the commentary that followed.