1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Carry and Conceal discussion

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by marko54, Feb 21, 2012.

1. estrom

estrom New Member

I wish I could, but I live in one of the MANY counties in CA that simply don't issue CCW permits. Sucks.
  2. K15 Blazer Guy

K15 Blazer Guy New Member

im gonna call the NRA legal team and see what they say about this... cause it sounds like the state is committing a federal crime...
    hopefully Ted Nugent can come help
    lol
  3. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I just recently took the Utah Concealed Carry class here in South Carolina. With the 2 CC permits combined (Utah and South Carolina) I will be able to carry in 40 states legally. The class was $100 and there was a $51.00 filing fee to the state of Utah. It is good for 5 years and they DO send out a notification of renewal unlike SC.
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

I've been waiting for one of my fellow Texans to comment about the new CCW course regulations as of Sept 1st.
    The most impacting change was course time went from 10-12 hours to down to 4-6 hours, yep you can now get ccw licensed in a half day. That includes residents of the 30 states Texas has ccw agreements with.
    Also you no longer course restricted to the type weapon you qualified on, i.e. revolver or semi auto.
    And applicants no longer must provide or can be asked for social security numbers.
    Renewal and initial application fee's were reduced for Military members, honorably discharged veterans, and certain state peacekeepers.
  5. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Well here we are about to lose even more rights and guns to the evil assault weapons list.

There are currently 11 anti-gun bills just passed by our democrat supermajority congress sitting on our democrat governors desk waiting to sign (he will probably veto one or two to keep his gun owning voters to continue saying he is pro 2A). None of which will do a single thing to protect anyone.
  6. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Active Member 1000 Posts

MOVE, or do a colorado and do a recall. never going to california for the plain and simple fact of the anti-gun stance.

Alex
  7. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

You know I didnt like your governor the first time around, I may have only been a teenager when he was in the gov. Seat but even then I knew many things he did were not right for the people he was supposed to be representing.
    Some things get better with age, I dont think he's one of them. You have my sympathy, I know its a lot easier to talk about physically changing your geographic position than it is to actually do and sometimes hope is the only bright spot to the future.
  8. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Trust me we have talked about moving. Yep gov Moonbeam wasnt great the first time around, but it CA the land of Fruits and Nuts. The worst part is if he doesnt sign the bills they go into law as well. He just signed a law to give illegals drivers licenses, wants to increase min wage to $10 an hour. Pushing the 100 billion dollar high speed rail (which isnt high speed at all). The list goes on and on in this state but now I'm getting off on a tangent.

My assemblyman actually presented a bill to make CA more of a Shall issue state rather than a May issue state but it didnt pass.
  9. Ape

Ape New Member

Problem is, California has set itself up in a voting sense, much like the Progressives are trying to set the entire country up. Ingratiate enough entitlement minded people, then you can dominate the legislature with whatever idiocy you'd like. A far cry from the Republic we're supposed to be.
  10. 01SilveradoBeast

01SilveradoBeast New Member

I'm waiting on my permit now. Not sure how the conceal carry will be until then...got a Taurus 40 slim and s&w 9mm...just have to see I guess.