1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Carry and Conceal discussion

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by marko54, Feb 21, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

as they saying goes, quantity has a quality all its own.

i happen to have a few over sized mags for my XD as well, not saying how bug or how many, rest assured, you come into my house with bad intentions, you arnt leaving.

Alex
  2. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

3. gear_head

gear_head New Member

The judge, helping those with average skills feel better prepared. I think it is a neat weapon, but very limited it what it provides. Very few will be able to speed load that weapon, which is a problem due to it's limited capacity. Further, this is a thread about concealed carry. Anyone who comes in here trying to convince others that is an effective conceal carry weapon, does not carry concealed often. That is a super long weapon for concealed carry and would limit the type of clothing one could wear with it.
  4. florida boy

florida boy New Member

Xd 45 is what stays on me
  5. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

If you look at my ealier post you will see that I dont carry the full size judge but rather the Public Defender that is purposly designed for CCW use. As far as limited accuracy, unless you practice on a frequent basis it is doubtful that you are totally proficent in a quick draw situation. I personally don't practice as often as would like and this point and shot option is very useful. If I can't hit my target with 5 shots then maybe I shouldnt carry a gun. Most carry 1911 style auto only hold 7 to 9 shots so it is not a big difference and as I explained, my revolver will not jam!!!!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  6. gear_head

gear_head New Member

If revolvers were still the superior weapon, they would be the weapon of choice for local, state, federal, or even the military. A revolver has it's place, I keep one on my ankle. They rarely malfunction, that is a fact, but they are limited. As far as reloading, 5 is not enough when preparing for multiple targets.
  7. 4x4squared

4x4squared New Member 100 Posts

Honestly, id feel perfectly safe with 5 410 rounds. If you need more than that, what're the odds of makin it anyway? It's a mugger, not the zombie apocalypse lol
  8. gear_head

gear_head New Member

for me, very good
  9. 4x4squared

4x4squared New Member 100 Posts

well i guess some of us just arent as badass as you.
  10. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

My main gun is a colt trooper 3 .357 it's to big for a good concealed but no one messes with you when they see the 9 inch barrel. But I usually carry my 1911 for a good concealed