1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Carry and Conceal discussion

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by marko54, Feb 21, 2012.

1. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Hey Caddi - It only makes sense that you would bring up "thunderware" .....It so fits your great sense of humor. I'm hoping that maybe a better holster will help because I really like my Sig 229. However, I'm still keeping my eye open for something smaller as I'm not confident I'll ever be comfortable carrying something that large. I too like the idea of having more than just a few rounds ready. I guess for every benefit, there is also a sacrifice. Why can I just find a 350 pound linebacker that can run faster than any receiver???
  2. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

I used to carry my Glock model 22 (.40 cal), but started finding it hard to conceal unless I wore bunch of clothes (in west texas that's not too comfortable). So i recently bought a S&W Bodygaurd .380. I absolutely love it. No, it doesn't pack much of a punch.. but one well-placed shot to the cranium will do for me. It has a built-in laser on it, which I thought would be good for the wife seeing as how she hates guns and refuses to practice, but does carry and isn't afraid to use if she has to.

Pros: Extremely easy to conceal, consistent, at a price of $325 is relatively cheap, decent safety mechanisms (which Glock does NOT have and is not good for the inexperienced), accurate built-in laser (good for the inexperienced)

Cons: 6 round mags (+1), Kind of a pain to disassemble.
  3. LURCH

LURCH Rockstar

A small of the back works great for small to medium frame auto's and you can get right or left hand draw's. They also cover good with just an oversize T-Shirt.
    I carry a North American Arms 22 Mag 5 shot revolver with a built in clip in my back pocket I also keep my Glock mdl 36 45 in my console with a crossdraw and a small of the back, so which every one works out best.
  4. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

X2 I keep mine on the small of my back only issue is when I sit down I have to pull it out. Kinda funny watching me get out my truck, my neighbors no not to mess with us though.
  5. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

6. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

7. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Thanks. Me too. Have daughter looking into the cost and availability. I will let you know what I find
    Off to the gym
  8. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

In Mississippi as I'm sure Swat13 knows, your vehicle is considered an extension of your home so you can carry in your vehicle without permit but beyond that I think you have to have a permit unless your law enforcement of course. I really am not a gun expert so when I purchased my first new pistol a few months ago, I asked my uncle who is a gunsmith in Virginia and he recommended the Ruger SR9C so that is what I got. I go to the range pretty regular and I love it. I have shot around 400 rounds so far and not one jam. I am still a good shot but not as good as I was when I was in the Army, I was an expert marksman. The Ruger came with a 10 round clip and a 17 round clip. I feel good with that being I can still shoot pretty well. The one thing my uncle told me was to make sure I buy good ammo for it so I got the plus P with serrated hollow points. He said the Glock was a good Pistol also but that he didn't like all the plastic they use. The gun dealer were I bought mine agreed and he is an ex-cop. Anyway needless to say I am ready for the unforeseen I just hope to never have to use my pistol except at the range.

DisplayPic.aspx.jpg

Sig2.jpg
  9. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I love the Ruger SR series. I have a SR40C and it is a flawless shooting weapon!!
  10. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I really find this thread to be some funny stuff, could you imagine all of us getting together at a meet or something? It would be like the wild west all over. :lol:

Sig2.jpg