1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Carry and Conceal discussion

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by marko54, Feb 21, 2012.

1. BASSIST

BASSIST Rockstar 100 Posts

Glock 27 for concielment. Glock 22 when on patrol

2. shilohlee

shilohlee New Member

Owned and carried a little J frame S&W Centennial Airweight .38 spl off and on for years. Looking to save up and get a Glock 36 .45 acp very soon.

3. forace2011

forace2011 New Member

Like Bassist says above,,, I also carry same guns. Mostly the Glock 27 for concieled. Nothing has been said about ammo but I use the highest powder load I can find and always Hollow points. If I hit you in the hand I will usually take your arm off. Also use laser sights so I don't have to aim. Let the red dot hit you and usually it is a great deterant and problems usually stop there. If not then the well you get the picture. Ya'll have a great day.!!
    jus my $.02.

Last edited: May 25, 2012
  4. koyote

koyote New Member

I'm gonna be a heretic.

I like a .32- depending on where and what, I'll carry the keltec or the beat up mauser hsc. Good pistols, but I feel a bit better with the mauser beating around the ranch.

When we go out in the Big Empty I generally strap on the .38 K frame. Light, 6 inch barrel, coyote accurate at range, and revolvers handle snake shot reliably. I've been known to have the hi power on the front seat when driving if there's a coyote stalking the goats.

If I need a shotgun, though, I go get a shotgun. The cylinder on the judge weighs as much as a mauser. yeee.

5. sgtsjj

sgtsjj Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

in MN as long as you have your permit to carry its open or concealed, both my .45 XD and glock 19 9mm are to big and uncomfortable to conceal, and if i need to use it id like to be able to actually get it with out struggling, i open carry by choice but i also am picky about where i bring it, if i know it would cause it a scene i wont bring it with

6. TemperMonkey

TemperMonkey Member

I recently got my CWP and I currently carry the Diamondback DB9. I also use the Speaky Pete Holster! Because of my size it is hard to carry concealed so in order to carry on my hip this holster allows it! I kinda carry open without carrying open! HaHa It looks like i'm carrying a really big cell phone! I also keep a S&W Airweight .38 SPL J frame around the house cause of my little girl! All guns are kept out of her reach but if she happened to get a hold of the revolver she can't pull the trigger. My Hubby carries a Glock but I'm not sure which one I just know it's the mid size. Not the full frame or the compact.
    DB9 SP2.jpg s&w.38.jpg

db9.jpg DB9 SP1.jpg

7. Ape

Ape Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I've been carrying for quite a few years now. Here in Colorado you can Open Carry with no license, so I did that for many years. But I've had my CCW for about 11 years now, so I normally carry concealed. But I do try and OC once or so a week just because I can.

As for what I carry......Like I said, I've been carrying for a bunch of years now, so I've gone through a lot of different guns and holsters to find what works best for me 24/7. I use to carry a Colt Govt. 1911 for my OCing. But that's not a good option for "true" CC. I also have XD's, Rugers, a Judge, Hi Points, S&W's, etc...etc... For me a revolver or semi auto isn't the concern. It's all about reliability and comfort, and that's what I carry now. All of my other guns that I've carried, or even rotate out ocassionally for carry, are reliable. And some are comfortable to a degree. But if you carry 24/7, even when at home, then you tend to lean towards absolute comfort.

Long story short, I have been carrying my Kel Tec PF9 for the last 5 years or so. It's so light weight that I can carry it with shorts and still not notice it. I also have a P3AT and P32, but the wife normally carry's those. Lately she uses just the P3AT, but she carried the P32 for 4 or so years before that.
    My favorite form of carry is IWB with a holster that holds a spare mag. But I also use a pocket hoslter for those really hot days and light dressing.

Like I mentioned above, I carry even when at home. Because when do you feel the safest??? When you're at home with the doors and windows secured. Problem is a home invasion wont allow you the time to run to your safe or gun room. But if things got REALLY hinky, the family and I would make it to the gun room and have the ability to hold off a small army for long time. :glasses:

8. 07XCSB

07XCSB Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Alex,

Check out the Ruger SC40C or the taurus 709 Slim 9mm. They also have a slim .40 called the 740 slim. My wife carries a SC40c and she loves it and my mom carries the Slim9. Both of them have small hands and the guns fit them like a glove. I like the SC40c so much, I bought one to replace the 27. With the extended mag, it even fit good in my big hands.

Home defense, no question 12 gauge with buckshot.

Last edited: May 26, 2012
  9. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Sc40C growing in popularity and sales to match. Test fired and found to be a very good grouping.
    I need a bit larger grip but most will find this weapon to their liking after 50 rounds or so.

10. gear_head

gear_head Member

Sorry it took me a while to see this. I hope you are still happy with your purchase!