1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cat Back Dual Exhaust

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by Brumby, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Brumby

Brumby New Member

2009 5.3 Silverado 4x4

Looking into having duals installed.

Cat Back to MagnaFlow muffler, splits into duals to the rear.

No true duals, but Duals..

Good....

Bad....

Okay....

What Say You?

2. Joethepoolguy

Joethepoolguy Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

You should like it. I t will flow, sound, and perform better. Your truck will have a noticable difference. Duals always look better then one single pipe sticking out there!!!!:great:
  3. TYMBOM

TYMBOM Former Member

Correct. Except for the duals looking better part ;)
  4. trackbird

trackbird New Member

I put a cat back on my '94 Silverado with good results. The sound was better and the power was noticeable. I replaced it w/ a single outlet exhaust, but I was still pleased.
    Remember to have the exhausts exit out the sides since it looks like you will be towing a trailer (An 11 second 6 cylinder?!! Hot Dawg!)
  5. TYMBOM

TYMBOM Former Member

If you are referring to me with the 11sec V6, it's far from it :) But single exhaust for the win !!!!!
  6. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

You will like it...I have the same set up except I have a Flowmaster 40 series muffler.
  7. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

You will like the power and sound from your new exhaust. The only thing i dont like about cat-back exhausts is they connect to yor cats, cats are bad. Might as well put sand in your oil or water in your gas tank. LOL.
  8. Brumby

Brumby New Member

You have a methanol injection V6 Silverado?

Very Interesting....

9. jcook90

jcook90 New Member

You might experience a slight drop in low-end torque though with the duals. Don't ask me personally why, just it happened to me when I installed them and I've read in a few places here about people having the same problem. Put on an intake and had it custom tuned and that seemed solve some of the problem.
  10. brogers93

brogers93 New Member

Finally got around to installing my Flowmaster American Thunder cat back on my 06 Sierra. Did it in my driveway. Would have been quick and easy had one of the cat flange bolts not snapped off. Anyway, the exhaust has the super 40 series muffler. Great sound when you get on it, but surprisingly little drone while cruising at highway speeds. Chrome tips can be side or rear exit. Overall, very pleased for just over $350 bucks.