CAT-Back Exhaust on NBS 07

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by TNTEEPEN_Chevy, May 10, 2012.

1. TNTEEPEN_Chevy

TNTEEPEN_Chevy New Member

Does Anyone Have a Cat-Back Exhaust on a new body style truck I'm thinkin' about doing this but want some opinions..
    Does it sound louder than a muffled exhaust
    better MPG
    more/less power
    I am thinkin' of cuttin the pipes off and having a local shop just put a y-pipe on and duals out the back with chrome tips.
    also what size piping should i ask for that will be loudest/most power

Attached Files:

2. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I would say it definetly sounds louder, maybe a very slight power gain, and no mpg gain. I have a flowmaster with 3" tips. Can't really say who's the loudest there are lots out there. Some of the more popular brands are Flowmasters, Magnaflow, Corsa, and Barola. I beleive Corsa and Barola are the more expensive. As far as what you would like I would suggest you get on youtube and check out some videos to see what you prefer.

3. TNTEEPEN_Chevy

Yeah Decided to do a muffler delete getting a y-pipe- so a true Cat Back- placed where the muffler is now and running two pipes from it out the back I am also ordering 3" Chrome resonated tips from pep boys that there welding on for me. Whole thing is gonna run be $230... (tips are 15 a piece)...

4. TNTEEPEN_Chevy

Did a muffler Delete put a Y-Pipe in so two duals straight out the back... SOUNDS AMAZIN... Louder than any muffler i could of gotten and not to loud to be annoying... Very happy also gained 2mpg on highway about 1 in city...

5. AnimalYates

AnimalYates Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Nice gains. I have a SI/DO flowmaster Super 10 and it didn't do a damn thing for my truck performance wise. Just made it scream like a bat out of hell :glasses: