1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

CAT-Back Exhaust on NBS 07

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by TNTEEPEN_Chevy, May 10, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. TNTEEPEN_Chevy

TNTEEPEN_Chevy New Member

Does Anyone Have a Cat-Back Exhaust on a new body style truck I'm thinkin' about doing this but want some opinions..
    Does it sound louder than a muffled exhaust
    better MPG
    more/less power
    I am thinkin' of cuttin the pipes off and having a local shop just put a y-pipe on and duals out the back with chrome tips.
    also what size piping should i ask for that will be loudest/most power

Attached Files:

2. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I would say it definetly sounds louder, maybe a very slight power gain, and no mpg gain. I have a flowmaster with 3" tips. Can't really say who's the loudest there are lots out there. Some of the more popular brands are Flowmasters, Magnaflow, Corsa, and Barola. I beleive Corsa and Barola are the more expensive. As far as what you would like I would suggest you get on youtube and check out some videos to see what you prefer.
  3. TNTEEPEN_Chevy

Yeah Decided to do a muffler delete getting a y-pipe- so a true Cat Back- placed where the muffler is now and running two pipes from it out the back I am also ordering 3" Chrome resonated tips from pep boys that there welding on for me. Whole thing is gonna run be $230... (tips are 15 a piece)...
  4. TNTEEPEN_Chevy

Did a muffler Delete put a Y-Pipe in so two duals straight out the back... SOUNDS AMAZIN... Louder than any muffler i could of gotten and not to loud to be annoying... Very happy also gained 2mpg on highway about 1 in city...
  5. AnimalYates

AnimalYates New Member 100 Posts

Nice gains. I have a SI/DO flowmaster Super 10 and it didn't do a damn thing for my truck performance wise. Just made it scream like a bat out of hell :glasses: