1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Catalytic converter 97" K1500

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by dsquared, Jun 11, 2011.

1. dsquared

dsquared New Member

I recently was in the mountains and I had a bad miss, found out it was a short between two cyclinders on my distributor cap (don't buy a cheap cap!) which I believe resulted in dumping raw fuel down the passenger side cat ruining it. This was confirmed when I didn't pass the auto inspection. When the misses happened the engine light came on and stayed on even after I replaced the cap and the miss was corrected. The light went out a couple weeks later but only due to it burning out. My question what bulb does the engine light use and where is the least expensive place to buy a cat. These are the one piece Y-tube assemblies with both cats. Any tricks to getting them to work again w/o replacing or trick the OBD2 system?
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

You can have a muffler shop change just the one bad cat. There about $100.00 plus labor.