1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Catback Exhaust

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by denztruck, Mar 8, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. denztruck

denztruck New Member

Hi,

I have a Silverado 1500 ext cab 2008 v8 5.3 and I would like to hear opinion from forum members.
    I would like to install a catback exhaust on my truck.

Wich exhaust is better in terms of sound and looks?

Thanks.
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Magnaflow and Corsa sound good. Corsa make two differant mufflers depending on what sound level you want.
  3. tlperry68

tlperry68 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I've always been a flowmaster fan.
  4. denztruck

denztruck New Member

Thanks!
    Any idea where to buy them cheap,Im in California LA
  5. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy New Member 100 Posts

I LOVE my Magnaflow. It has a nice deep rumble to it and I am happy with it in every way. It looks great too with the stainless steal tips. Magnaflow has many different tips you can bolt on, so you can change your look if you wanted to.
  6. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I've been more than satisfied with my Gibson, this is the second system I've had, and if I was in the market I'd buy again. :money:
  7. blueZ71

blueZ71 New Member 100 Posts

I have flowmasters on mine and I wish it was louder.
  8. heavy chevy

heavy chevy New Member 100 Posts

Honest to goodness i had 3 diffrent exhost put on before i found the right sound. Magna, Flowmaster, and a Cherrybomb. The best sounding exhost for my 4.8 08 silvy was a Cherrybomb single 3in inlet dual 2.5 outlet dumped. It is the CherrybombPRO not the extream. It sounds hella good. Everyone compliments me on it. I 100% recomend it. Go for that one and you will thank me. It sounds even better with tips on it. Total cost with tips and muffler installed would have been 240 but i went with the dumped look. I have also listened to the oters on youtube and the cherrybomb is just the best sound hands down.
  9. RockHead

RockHead New Member 100 Posts

I have a Corsa Sport Exhaust

without Headers :
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKnoO6-CyJM"]YouTube - Sound clip of a Corsa[/ame]

With LT Dynatech Headers :
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FNAX25fhCo&feature=channel_page"]YouTube - Corsa with Dynatech Headers[/ame]

Mark

http://www.corsaperf.com/
  10. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I personally think that Corsa is the best Performance wise and looks wise with the turned up style tips. But I don't really think they have the deep rumble to their systems like some of the others, I have heard them in person and I can't say that it really impressed me. Corsa is more about the race truck sound, I do believe that they give you the most horsepower and torque though. I really like the Bassani Extreme exhaust, but their s*** is really expensive! I have never had any experience with anything else..............