1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

cats

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by x69x442x, Feb 21, 2008.

1. x69x442x

x69x442x New Member

Sorry, I am new here so I don't know if this is in the right section. My catalytic converters are all clogged up and keep throwing codes. My question is...if I replace them with straight pipes, will it still throw codes? I am not worried about emissions too much.
  2. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yes it will throw codes. Go with either a new factory replacement or a High Flow Magnaflow.:great:
  3. x69x442x

x69x442x New Member

Alright cool, I will try that. Thanks for the help.
  4. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

No Problem.
  5. Doug C.

Doug C. Rockstar

Magnaflow has a direct replacement of your cats and pipes , part # 93603 @ Summit Racing , 1-800-230-3030
  6. chargerrich

chargerrich New Member

My cats went out and I replaced with the Magnaflow and it worked great, better than OEM and cheaper, cant beat that.
  7. GoFastPadre

GoFastPadre Rockstar 100 Posts

I have Magnaflow HF Cats and they are great.
  8. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

just replace with straight pipe and ghost senser for the 02 reader much cheaper
  9. Skarch

Skarch Rockstar 100 Posts

Its also illegal. Please do not post up advice on this board about doing things that are against the law. The users agreement that you signed when you registered prohibits it.
  10. BANDIT5.3

BANDIT5.3 New Member

Well I cut my cats off, ($60) and got a custom tune ($200) and I throw no codes and my truck runs great.