Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Cause for concern? (Video Included)

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by AnimalYates, Jun 21, 2011.

1. AnimalYates

AnimalYates Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

I opened my hood today to check fluids and whatnot, and I look down and my engine and I noticed that one of the parts my belts travel around was shaking and wobbling quite a bit... I took a quick video of it so you guys could watch it and let me know if this is a problem. I appreciate it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaaHYgcuN-8

2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Nope that is completely normal, that is the tensioner doing its job... nothing to worry about.

3. serg

serg Member

it doing it's job no worries

4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

X2 what they said, its normal.

5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Normal can be a good thing!:lol:

6. McMahan

McMahan Rockstar 100 Posts

It looks weird but its normal my friend

7. AnimalYates

AnimalYates Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

I'm not gonna lie I feel pretty embarrassed haha. If you cant tell I don't know my way around the hood too well. (Workin on that though) I was just wondering if the tensioner was supposed to wobble like that but I guess its all good! Thanks.

8. McMahan

McMahan Rockstar 100 Posts

No worries we all have questions and its better to ask then let the problem go, it will save you time and money