1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

CB coax

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by moron, Nov 29, 2009.

1. moron

moron New Member

Has anybody found a good way to run coax from a cb antenna to the inside of a suburban without drilling any holes?
  2. x1LSUTigerfan

x1LSUTigerfan Member

ok im not sure on your suburban but on pickups they usually have a punch hole underneath the back seat on an suv i think it might be above the spare tire my buddys got an explorer thats where his was 2 different trucks butt give it a shot you can try and find it by either pullin up the carpet or crawling underneath its just a little hole with a few tabs on the bottom that you just punch ouy with a punch if you need some pics let me know ill go take some pics of mine hope it helps!!!:great:
  3. moron

moron New Member

pics would be awesome, thanks!
  4. x1LSUTigerfan

x1LSUTigerfan Member

ok ill take some tommorrowand post em up for ya
  5. x1LSUTigerfan

x1LSUTigerfan Member

heres some pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ^this is a punched one form the undereneath
    [​IMG]
    ^this is an unpunched one from underneath
    [​IMG]
    again
    [​IMG]
    ^an unpunched one from the inside of the truck
  6. jdsnowfire

jdsnowfire New Member

I have a 01 chevy 1500 extended cab, antenna is on a magnetic mount on the top of the cab near the back- i ran the coax in right at the tob back edge of the rear passenger door, the weather stripping there has enough give that the door shuts fine and that the coax is not damaged. i have not had any problems with water leaking in either. once inside i tucked it inside the plactic molding to hold it in place and keep it out of the way then ran all the extra cable out of the way befind the back seat before running it forward to the CB.
    a couple weeks after i put it up i noticed that road grime on the cable was starting to scuff the paint on the roof so i put 3 stips of electrical tape side by side where the cable ran on the roof-have not had any problems since.
    you could probably do the same thing- just run it in whatever door is used least.