1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

CB coax

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by moron, Nov 29, 2009.

1. moron

moron New Member

Has anybody found a good way to run coax from a cb antenna to the inside of a suburban without drilling any holes?
  2. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Thread Killer Extraordinaire Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I've just been running mine through the door jambs. Run it through a door that's the most seldom opened to try to protect the coax for the longest.
  3. boduke5051

boduke5051 Member

depends on the year. Mine's an older one, an '88, so it's not that difficult to find a grommet through the firewall that can be enlarged a bit to allow the coax to go through. haven't tried it on a newer model Suburban, but have tried on other newer model year vehicles, & it can be a PAIN! several of them when given the choice between having to deal with drilling holes, or premature wearing of the coax, the owners of the vehicles I was working on chose the coax through the door approach.