cb mount on 03 silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by turner, Nov 26, 2010.

1. turner

turner New Member

Im looking for a place to put my cb antenna. Im going to be getting a fiberglass tonneau cover so i cant pit it on the bed rails and i don't want to put it on the outside of the bed. I want to put it across from the fm radio antenna. I found a bracket thats made to fit there but im not sure what type of antenna fits in it. Here is the mount,
    Accessories Unlimited AUGM2-L S S Hood Channel Mobile Antenna Mount for GMC Chevy.
    Any advice on this or other mounting places would be awesome.

2. abn75

abn75 New Member

Alot of your mounting options are going to depend on what type of cb antenna you are mounting, and then length of the antenna. Each type/length is going to have a different sweet spot on the vehicle for getting good reception and swr settings. You can always get a good heavy duty two or three base magnet mount and mount it to the top of the cab of your truck.

3. troutbug

troutbug Rockstar 100 Posts

I had a mount similar to that on my BelAir, but located in the trunk gap. It worked great with a 64" whip, but I'm not sure you'd want to put that in the front of your truck. Like abn75 said, the magnet mount antennas work great, such as a K40 or Wilson.

4. lethalpaperclip

lethalpaperclip New Member

i wanna do something similar but what i was thinking is placing it in the driverside corner of the bed closest to the cab and be like "Breaker Breaker" and hauling more with my 2500 HD and BE like >:D my truck doesmore. but on the roof in the bed all preferences still cool ideas,