1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

cb radio channel usage

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by hmaster77, Jul 9, 2009.

1. hmaster77

hmaster77 Rockstar

i was wondering what channel everyone here that uses a cb is normally on and what area u r in

i am in south texas corpus area and am usually on 6,19,21,and 15 sometimes
  2. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Thread Killer Extraordinaire Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

19 is the nation and I think worldwide "trucker" channel. 6 is where the "channel 6ers" hang out. A Channel 6er is defined as one who's running many kilowatts of power through their cb. (which is grossly illegal might I add...) channel 9 is the international emergency channel that is usually monitored by law enforcement and such. I've heard channel 13 is where school bus drivers tend to hang out. And finally, 38 usb is where the ssb folks hang out.
  3. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

This is good to know. I only really knew about 19, but man there's some morons on that channel.
  4. thrasher

thrasher Rockstar 100 Posts

I used to use 16 through 25. Dunno why, just did.
  5. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Thread Killer Extraordinaire Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

most of the channels go unused. Channel 6 is sometimes interesting to listen to, but it gets annoying because it's mainly people who key up and say the same thing 5 times just to stomp on each other and show off. The single sideband people (ssb) usually use upper side band, but I don't think they operate much anymore. I have a nice CB, but don't use it very often because I get annoyed with the stupidness. They should momst of the spectrum back to ham radio. We can certainly use it better. :rofl: