1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

CB Radio install help needed

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Triton911BJ, Sep 13, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Triton911BJ

Triton911BJ New Member

Hello All,

im in the need of assistance. i will be mounting my cb radio and my vhf mobile radio in my trk. however i cant find a good mount to mount them both. im looking to place it on the transmission hump by my cup holders. anyone suggestions at all on this? im not looking for anything fancy just something to mount 2 radios to it. im looking forsomething that has an angle base. something at least 8 inches wide. if any one has pics of theirs please share.

any imput is greatly apperciated

thanx BJ
  2. Oscarvan

Oscarvan New Member

Get some 2" wide aluminum from Home Depot/Hardware store and mag a BIG "U" bracket. Paint black and screw to the tunnel. Wires can go forward and be distributed under the carpet. You can put a nice cover on them and make it look clean.
  3. KidHauler

KidHauler New Member 100 Posts

That "U" bracket is called a bale mount. Check with your local Motorola dealer to see if they have extras - most E-vehicle installs are mounted into some sort of console, so the bale mount gets tossed into a spare parts box.

Sometimes truck stops have those mounts as well.

Do you have the lower center console? I have mounted sirens there before. If you do go through the tranny hump, look under the carpet for wires, a/c ducts, cooler lines, etc. Don't drill thru expensive stuff!

Good luck,